This dish of roasted eggplants, tomato sauce and fresh parmesan is nicely seasoned with garlic and olive oil, served with basil leaves and arugula salad.
For 4 people :
- 2 large Eggplants
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Fresh shredded Parmesan
- 6-8 Basil leaves and arugula salad for decoration
Homemade tomato sauce ingredients:
- Large can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 onions, 1 bay leaf, 1 tablespoon of oregano, salt & pepper to taste.
Steps to make the tomato sauce:
- Cook sliced onions in hot olive oil for 5 minutes
Steps to bake eggplantes:
1. Slice eggplants crosswise into 0.5 cm thick slices;
2. Lay on a baking paper on a baking tray & sprinkle each slice with a drop of olive oil;
4. In a baking dish put a layer of eggplants, tomato sauce and grated parmesan;
5. Form 2 or 3 layers and coat the top layer with breadcrambes;
6. Bake at 200 degrees for 40 minutes;
7. Serve with basil leaves and seasoned arugula salad.